Paper towels, plastic bags, to-go coffee cups…Winning our hearts with their convenience, these disposable products have become all-too-familiar in our culture. Yet as many of us know, tossing them out after just one use, when practiced on a massive scale, does not create a pretty picture for the planet.
If you’re looking for some help transitioning away from dependence on these disposables, you may find the following list helpful. In honor of Earth Day, Reuseit.com, a place where you can learn about the problems of disposables and buy products for a waste-less lifestyle, developed this list of their top products.
Here are Reuseit.com’s Top Picks for Earth Day:
1. Biodegradable, 100 percent Recycled Garbage Bags infused with a natural additive that allows the plastic to biodegrade completely into natural elements
2. DIY Cleaning Spray Bottle made in the USA with 40 percent post-consumer recycled content, recipes and instructions for making non-toxic cleaners at home printed right on the bottle
3. EarthTote, original best-selling replacement to paper shopping bags, stands on its own for easy packing
4. Thank You and Have A Nice Day tote bags printed locally with PVC-free ink on our best-selling dual-handled hemp tote bags
5. Bluesign-certified Workhorse the original replacement for plastic bags that folds into its own ultra-compact pouch attached inside the bag
6. Snack & sandwich bags durable, easy-to-clean & 100 percent made in th USA
7. “I’m Not A Paper Towel” and More “I’m Not A…” Products clever replacements for paper lunch bags & paper towels – replacements for plastic water bottles, plastic bags, facial tissue and more coming soon!
8. Recycled PET Mesh Ultra Compact Tote a smart, stylish, 55 percent recycled bag that folds into its own compact pouch
9. Stainless Steel Re-Useable Bottles Free from toxins like BPA and phthalates and other chemicals found in some cheap re-usables flooding the market place.
10. Everything Cloth cut back on multiple use & toss items, including disposable napkins, tissues, wet wipes and paper towels – made with hemp & organic cotton